- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for First Place Coconut Macaroons
"These macaroons turned out great, my family and co-workers loved them when I took them to work."
"This is great and easy! It tastes very similar to what we used to get a long time ago from a restaurant. I will definitely do it again, and probably fix five times as much! ! This will be a recipe that is made often....perfect with a cup of coffee! ( and egg whites were not beaten before mixing it together. )"
"this is a keeper, they are soooooo good"
"I am not reviewing this recipe yet, and I hope to make these soon, but in looking at the reviews I want to know are the egg whites supposed to whipped to soft peaks before mixing with the other ingredients. Please help!!!!"
"Hi Elsvgs,Store these at room temperature for a couple days or keep them in the refrigerator up to a week.Hope that helps!Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"How to store the macaroons and what is the shelf life ?"
"some recipes call for condensed milk and are too sweet. This recipe is perfect. Light and the coconut flavor wins out!!"
"Really easy to make and taste great. After I made the first batch my husband looked at me and said can you make more? He wanted less sugar in it this time cause he said it was too sweet."
"Yummy and supper easy to make. Will definitely make this recipe again!"