First Lady Fingers Recipe
I didn't want to forget the "partners" of our Presidents for this patriotic occasion! So I renamed these fancy light-textured cookies and served them with ice cream in pretty dessert dishes. A hint of almond flavors them nicely. -Mary Beth de Ribeaux, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and lightly flour two baking sheets; set aside. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and pale yellow. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and salt, beating until well blended. In a small bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- 2. cut a 1/2-in. hole in a corner of a heavy-duty plastic bag, or use a pastry bag with a #808 (1/2-in.) round pastry tip. Fill with batter. Form 4-in.-long finger shapes 1 in. apart on prepared baking sheets. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 74 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for First Lady Fingers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC