Fireside Glogg Recipe
An aromatic blend of spices flavor this superb wine-based beverage. It is served warmed and it's sweet fruity taste will warm you to your toes. This traditional Scandinavian recipe is serve during the holidays.—Sue Brown, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 4 cups port wine or apple cider, divided
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 orange peel strips (3 inches)
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 5 slices fresh peeled gingerroot
- 5 cardamom pods
- 5 whole cloves
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups wine, cranberries, brown sugar, orange peel, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Mash slightly and cook 10 minutes longer.
- 2. Strain and discard pulp, orange peel and spices. Return mixture to pan; stir in the cider, almonds, raisins and remaining wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 229 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fireside Glogg
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC