Fireside Cheese Spread Recipe
When our family and friends get together for holidays or other occasions, I serve this appetizer. It's always a success. If you prefer, try a Swiss cheese spread instead of the cheddar. And, if you enjoy garlic, substitute a small clove of minced garlic for the garlic powder. —Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson, Lusby, Maryland
- 1 container (16 ounces) cheddar cheese spread, softened
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Snipped fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine cheese spread, cream cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Blend thoroughly. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 95 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC