Firemen's Meat Loaf Recipe
This was voted the best main dish in a cooking contest between fire stations in San Bernadino, California. I've used the recipe for years and shared it with many friends. - Peggy Stevens, Rogue River, Oregon
- 1 package (6 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing mix
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, prepare the corn bread stuffing according to package directions. Add eggs, mushrooms and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain. Top with chilies. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with salsa. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Firemen's Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p38
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Firemen's Meat Loaf(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >