- 4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until flavors are blended. Yield: 11 servings.
Reviews for Firehouse Chili(6)
Sort By :
Good recipes. Easy to make and perfect blend of flavors. I use diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of stewed tomatoes. My son loved it. Definitely I will make this again.
Made it for the first time last night & it was gone quick! I halved it as there are only four of us, but will definitely make the full batch next time. Had to add some salt & added some shredded cheddar, per kids' request. Loved by a picky adult, 10, & 5 yr olds.
Really good! This is a great full-flavored chili. If you want more heat, just add 1/4-1/2 tsp. ground cayenne. I also add salt to taste and a dash of worcestershire sauce. This is the only from-scratch chili I make.
Awesome recipe! Leftovers freeze nicely too!
Yummy! The only Chili recipe I use now!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >