Firefighter's Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings. Add the cheeses, celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Firefighter's Chicken Spaghetti
Sort By :
Tasty. I made this for my daughter when she was home from college and gave her some to take back. She enjoyed it!!!
Outstanding! Freezes very well and reheats in microwave partially covered or in the oven covered. Cornflakes whole or crushed make an excellent topping.
Except for my lack of being prepared to make this, which made it take more time to prepare, this recipe was DE LISOUS! I made a huge casserole and my picky hubby ate 2 HUGE helpings. This is definitely a "keeper" recipe. I added 1 up of riccota cheese, and changed the cream of chicken for cream of celery... otherwise it was the same.
This recipe was quick and easy and the taste was AWESOME! My boys licked their plates! :o) The only change I made was to use crushed croutons instead of corn flakes for the topping.
yummy recipe. I forgot to get celery so i put chopped water chestnuts.