- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, sour cream, milk, 2 tablespoons butter and seasonings. Add the cheeses, celery, onion and mushrooms. Stir in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish (dish will be full). Combine cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Firefighter's Chicken Spaghetti
"This was really good. The whole family enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!"
"I have made this for years and like some of the different ingredients but I always use cheddar cheese which would give this much more flavor."
"Like many others, I saut?ed the vegetables in butter first. The pasta mixture had great flavor with the mixture of cheeses and veggies. I may try butter- cracker crumbs instead of the corn flake crumbs next time as my family wasn't a big fan of the texture of the topping mixing in with the pasta."
"This was great. Next time I'm saut?ing the onions and celery and slightly saut?ing the (fresh) mushroom. Also, I'm adding chopped water chestnuts. On the cornflakes, make sure that it is 1-1/2 Crushed cornflakes and I used Rotisserie Chicken."
"This is really good, but I made some revisions. I saut?ed the onions and celery with fresh mushrooms in 2 Tbs of butter and cooked the chicken in 2 Tbs of butter. I omitted the 2 Tbs in the mixture since I used it for saut?ing. I substituted Monterey Jack cheese for the mozzarella for more flavor. With those changes, it was very tasty, and I'll be making it again."