Firecracker Shrimp Recipe
These delightful grilled shrimp from Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin are coated in a sweet and spicy glaze. The marinade comes together in moments for sizzling shrimp skewers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, oil, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with apricot mixture. Yield: 30 servings.
1 shrimp equals 27 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC