These delightful grilled shrimp from Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin are coated in a sweet and spicy glaze. The marinade comes together in moments for sizzling shrimp skewers.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, oil, soy sauce and
- pepper flakes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting
- frequently with apricot mixture. Yield: 30 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 shrimp equals 27 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.