These delightful grilled shrimp from Mary Tallman of Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin are coated in a sweet and spicy glaze. The marinade comes together in moments for sizzling shrimp skewers.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, oil, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with apricot mixture. Yield: 30 servings.
Originally published as Firecracker Shrimp in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p13
Reviews for Firecracker Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review