You'll find bacon wrapped shrimp is always a big hit at parties. I like mine with a little bit of heat and tang. I love this recipe it's so simple to create an amazing appetizer.—Suzanne Forsberg, Manteca, California
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on)
- For sauce, place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and bacon is crisp. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: 20 appetizers (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Firecracker Shrimp with Cranpotle Dipping Sauce in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Firecracker Shrimp with Cranpotle Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review