- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, oil, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with apricot mixture. Yield: 30 servings.
Reviews for Firecracker Shrimp
Sort By :
"These are excellent. I suggest heating the marinade ingredients to make it easier to brush on. This sauce might be good on chicken or pork."
"This is a delicious dinner for a hot summer night."
"This is a wonderful way to have shrimp. It's just the right ratio of heat to sweetness. I like to have this dish on special nights when it's just my husband and I. It goes great with garlic biscuits. I have been making these shrimp for yrs. and will continue."
"My husband goes crazy over these and eats the whole pound of shrimp by himself!"