- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, parsley and seasonings.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Firecracker Salmon Steaks
"Very tasty seasoning, quick and easy and healthy too. Will definitely make again."
"It was okay."
"This recipe is a keeper for real. I loved the flavor combination. Spicy, tangy and sweet."
"I added some maple syrup to make the sauce a bit thicker because I baked it in the oven. 15 min @ 400F. Delicious!"
"My husband and father (a fish connoisseur) both agreed this was a keeper!"
"One of my favorite salmon dishes!! Wonderful!"
"Use 1/2 t ground ginger if you don't have fresh gingerroot."