Firecracker Salmon Steaks Recipe
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, parsley and seasonings.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 373 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Firecracker Salmon Steaks
"Very tasty seasoning, quick and easy and healthy too. Will definitely make again."
"It was okay."
"This recipe is a keeper for real. I loved the flavor combination. Spicy, tangy and sweet."
"I added some maple syrup to make the sauce a bit thicker because I baked it in the oven. 15 min @ 400F. Delicious!"
"My husband and father (a fish connoisseur) both agreed this was a keeper!"
"One of my favorite salmon dishes!! Wonderful!"
"Use 1/2 t ground ginger if you don't have fresh gingerroot."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.