Red pepper flakes and cayenne provide the fiery flavor that gives these salmon steaks their name. Basting the fish with the zippy sauce while grilling creates a glossy glaze. —Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, parsley and seasonings.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Firecracker Salmon Steaks in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Firecracker Salmon Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review