- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, chili sauce, sugar, garlic, parsley and seasonings.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Firecracker Salmon Steaks
Sort By :
This recipe is a keeper for real. I loved the flavor combination. Spicy, tangy and sweet.
I added some maple syrup to make the sauce a bit thicker because I baked it in the oven. 15 min @ 400F. Delicious!
My husband and father (a fish connoisseur) both agreed this was a keeper!
One of my favorite salmon dishes!! Wonderful!
Use 1/2 t ground ginger if you don't have fresh gingerroot.