In Buellton, California, Kathleen Tribble spreads flour tortillas with seasoned mayonnaise, then fills them with crunchy broiled veggies. For fun presentation, wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap and tie with ribbon to resemble firecrackers.
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/3 cups shredded lettuce
- Place vegetables in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper. broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 16 minutes or until vegetables are browned, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine mayonnaise, parsley and remaining basil and garlic powder. Warm the tortillas; spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each. Spoon 3/4 cup vegetables down the center; top with 1/3 cup lettuce. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Firecracker Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p35
Reviews for Firecracker Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review