Firecracker Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet: 306 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Firecracker Grilled Salmon
"This salmon is so delicious! I followed the recipe and BBQ'd it. We loved it and I'll definitely make it again and again."
"This was delicious. So easy and tastes just like some I've had in restaurants cooked on a cedar plank but without the plank. Will definitely make again."
"I have received rave reviews every time I have made this recipe. ... I don't tell anyone how easy it is!"
"Just used a pinch of the red pepper flakes as we don't like things too spicy. The flavors are great, especially being cooked on the grill. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Great! Did it on a cedar plank on the BBQ, turned out awesome!"
"This ones a keeper! Light and healthy with tons of flavor! Even my kids cleaned their plates!"
"To be honest, this is the best salmon recipe I have ever made, other than the Spicy Salmon Kabobs. Very flavorful! Definitely a keeper!"
"Used frozen coho (silver) salmon, farm-raised in Chile. It was surprisingly fresh tasting. Pre-cut into 5 pcs (20 oz total), and less than 1" at thickest part, chose to broil instead of grilling. Placed skin-side down on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broiled 4" from heat 7 min total, basting with reserved marinade last 2 min. easy, fast, flavorful - expect a thicker fillet would be great on the grill!"
"My picky husband and 14 year old son, loved this! Wonderful recipe!"