Firecracker Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain salmon, discarding marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 306 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Firecracker Grilled Salmon
"This was delicious. So easy and tastes just like some I've had in restaurants cooked on a cedar plank but without the plank. Will definitely make again."
"I have received rave reviews every time I have made this recipe. ... I don't tell anyone how easy it is!"
"Just used a pinch of the red pepper flakes as we don't like things too spicy. The flavors are great, especially being cooked on the grill. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Quick & Easy recipe. Very tasty!"
"Hands down a keeper recipe! My husband was not a big fan of salmon until I introduced him to this recipe... now he has a mini-celebration when I tell him it's on deck for dinner. Very quick, healthy (delicious too!), and light on labor, I'd strongly suggest anyone to give this recipe a go."
"Great! Did it on a cedar plank on the BBQ, turned out awesome!"
"This ones a keeper! Light and healthy with tons of flavor! Even my kids cleaned their plates!"
"To be honest, this is the best salmon recipe I have ever made, other than the Spicy Salmon Kabobs. Very flavorful! Definitely a keeper!"
"Used frozen coho (silver) salmon, farm-raised in Chile. It was surprisingly fresh tasting. Pre-cut into 5 pcs (20 oz total), and less than 1" at thickest part, chose to broil instead of grilling. Placed skin-side down on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broiled 4" from heat 7 min total, basting with reserved marinade last 2 min. Easy, fast, flavorful - expect a thicker fillet would be great on the grill!"
"My picky husband and 14 year old son, loved this! Wonderful recipe!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.