Firecracker Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange tortillas over the top. Combine soup and tomatoes; pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Firecracker Casserole
Sort By :
My friends and I really liked this, we left the beans out and added more cheese
It sounds a lot like what I make using a pack of dry enchilada mix prepared by package instructions. We prefer corn tortillas. This version loses me with the canned soup. I layer mine like lasagna.
This was great! Only change I made was I used 1 lb. ground beef. Spicy with just enough heat to give it a kick. This is a keeper.
Yum! So good! I used one pound of hamburger and halved the spices and tortillas but left everything else the same. The amount of sauce was good. Great flavor. Hubby really enjoyed this too.
I made this using some leftover taco meat from Superbowl and added an extra pound of ground beef and used taco seasoning instead of the spices. I omitted the flour tortillas and used cooked minute rice (6 cups) on the bottom of the pan topped with the meat and soup mix. I topped mine with leftover Que Bueno cheese sauce and it was so good! A quick and easy dish that can be made the night before and popped in the oven when needed.