Firecracker Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange tortillas over the top. Combine soup and tomatoes; pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Firecracker Casserole(30)
Sort By :
Good flavor and just the right amount of spice's to give it that surprise flavor. Picky husband loved it!
This was fantastic. Very nicely spiced. Ranges are given in the recipe and I put the max in. Spicy, but not overly.
I would rate this very good, somewhere between good and excellent. I used 2 varieties of chili powder that I ground, chipotle and guajillo. This makes it more spicy, as does using diced tomatoes with jalapeños. I increased the amount of cheese to 2 cups and used Mexican blend.
Great flavor, kids loved it, empty dish for my family of 6
I prepared this tonight and it was a success. Very Delicious, of course, we topped it with some HOT Jalapeno peppers.....yummmmm!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >