I loved this Southwestern-style casserole when my mother made it years ago. Now my husband enjoys it when I prepare it. The flavor reminds us of enchiladas, but this handy recipe doesn't require the extra time to roll them up.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is no longer
- pink; drain. Add the beans, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange tortillas
- over the top. Combine soup and tomatoes; pour over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 363 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium,