“These tasty stuffed burgers are perfect July 4th fare,” suggests field editor Kelly Williams of LaPorte, Indiana. “They’re great with a cool, creamy macaroni salad and an icy cold drink!”
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 frozen breaded cheddar cheese jalapeno peppers, thawed
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup salsa con queso dip
- 1/4 cup sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- In a large bowl, combine the beef and salsa. Shape into four patties.
- Place a jalapeno in the center of each; wrap beef around jalapeno,
- forming a ball. Reshape into patties, about 3-1/2 to 4 in. in
- diameter and 1 in. thick.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or
- until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Spread bun tops with guacamole. On each bun bottom, layer lettuce, a
- burger, salsa con queso dip, tomatoes, olives and onion; replace
- tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa