- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 frozen breaded cheddar cheese jalapeno peppers, thawed
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup salsa con queso dip
- 1/4 cup sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 thin slices sweet onion
- In a large bowl, combine the beef and salsa. Shape into four patties. Place a jalapeno in the center of each; wrap beef around jalapeno, forming a ball. Reshape into patties, about 3-1/2 to 4 in. in diameter and 1 in. thick.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Spread bun tops with guacamole. On each bun bottom, layer lettuce, a burger, salsa con queso dip, tomatoes, olives and onion; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Firecracker Burgers
Sort By :
Delicious burgers! I served these with potato salad and pasta salad for a nice summer dinner on a very hot night.
Wonderful Was expensive to make for just two people but we have decided to make more next time and invite people over. Great flavor. Probably the best burger I have ever had.
I love this! Tasty & easy :)
I must warn you... this burger is very messy to eat, but it's so worth it! I love it. I make my own nacho sauce, instead of the store-bought, which I like better. I think these are delicious and definitely worth trying.
This burger was outstanding, will definitely be making this recipe again.