Fire Truck Cookies
I created these simple snacks as part of fire safety program at the school. The activities also included a visit from local firefighters and Sparky the Dalmatian, a fire safety mascot.—Rhonda Walsh, Cleveland, Tennessee
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 16 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Red paste or liquid food coloring
- 32 Oreo cookies
- Black shoestring licorice
- 16 red gumdrops
- With a serrated knife, cut the top left- or right-hand corner off of
- each graham cracker at a 45° angle. Tint frosting red; frost
- crackers. Place two sandwich cookies on each for wheels.
- For each truck, cut licorice into two 2-1/2-in. pieces, five 1/2-in.
- pieces and two 1-1/2-in. pieces. Place the large pieces parallel to
- each other above wheels, with the small pieces between to form a
- ladder. Place the medium pieces at cut edge, forming a windshield.
- Add a gumdrop for light. Yield: 16 cookies.