- 1 package (8 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) fire-roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and sausage; heat through.
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover and heat over medium heat for 2-5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage
Sort By :
"This recipe is fantastic. Best of all, my husband said it was good--a definite plus. I will make it again. I substituted lower fat items in the dish and used Heart Healthy spaghetti sauce."
"Indeed use more pasta than the recipe calls for. I use a 13.25 oz box of whole wheat penne. Turkey smoked sausage tastes great.~ Theresa"
"This was very good, but the ratio of pasta to sauce is way off... I doubled the pasta - just used a regular 16 oz. size box of it - if I hadn't done that, it would have been very soupy. Otherwise, it was great. I put it in a baking dish and stuck it in the oven for a little bit, then sprinkled the rest of the mozzarella on top. Smoked sausage in pasta dishes is not new to me - we love it that way - if you haven't tried it yet, you really must... It really bumps up the flavor of regular old pasta!!"
"This recipe is packed with flavor and requires only a few ingredients. Definitely a keeper.~ Theresa"