Escape from the ordinary! Smoked sausage and fire-roasted spaghetti sauce add nice flavor to this pasta dish. Look for fire-roasted sauce on the shelf with traditional spaghetti sauces.
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or rigatoni (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) fire-roasted tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook ziti according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pot.
- Add tomatoes, pasta sauce and sausage to ziti; heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cook, covered, 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p53
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fire-Roasted Ziti with Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review