Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 2 pounds tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Grill tomatoes and jalapeno, covered, over medium-hot heat for 8-12 minutes or until skins are blistered and blackened, turning occasionally. Immediately place in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skins. Discard stem and seeds from jalapeno; cut tomatoes into fourths. Set jalapeno and tomatoes aside.
- Place the cilantro, onions and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add the chipotle pepper, tomatoes and jalapeno; cover and pulse until blended.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the chilies, lime juice, oil and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa(5)
Sort By :
Fabulous salsa! Very flavorful and mild. I agree with the comment about the salsa not lasting a day in the house. Easy to make.
Was wonderful, anyone have a canning conversion equivalent??
This is absolutely my favorite homemade salsa I have made so far. Will definitely make again
This salsa is so easy to make and tastes delicious!
It is excellent - my family loved it - I would add two chipotle peppers next time to really spice it up - yummy flavor!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Salsa Recipe >
- Grilled Appetizers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Jalapeno Salsa Recipe >
- July 4th Appetizers >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Appetizers >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Appetizers >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >