These sweet and spicy pickles are great on a sandwich or all by themselves as a snack. The recipe is an easy way to dress up store-brought pickles and make them a special treat! —Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 jars (32 ounces each) dill pickle slices or spears
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Drain and discard juice from pickles. In a large bowl, combine
- pickles, sugar, pepper sauce and pepper flakes; mix well. Cover and
- let stand 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Spoon pickle mixture into
- 3 pint-size jars; add a garlic clove to each. Cover and refrigerate
- 1 week before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 134 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.