- of dish. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of dish.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Spoon into pastry. Roll
- out remaining dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle. Place over filling.
- Fold bottom pastry over top pastry; press with a fork to seal. In a
- small bowl, whisk egg and milk; brush over pastry. Cut slits in top.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
When a recipe instructs you to divided dough into portions, place the dough on a floured surface and flatten slightly. Cut the dough with a sharp knife, pizza cutter or dough cutter (sometimes called a pastry scraper). It's important not to tear the dough, so don't use a serrated knife.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 610 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.