Finnish Flatbread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 3-5 minutes. Pat onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 203 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Finnish Flatbread
"We really enjoyed theses. They are very similar to a biscut. They are also super easy to make."
"We really enjoyed this flatbread. It made a very nice side to fried chicken and veggies!"