- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 3-5 minutes. Pat onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Finnish Flat Bread in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p31
Reviews for Finnish Flatbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013
"We really enjoyed theses. They are very similar to a biscut. They are also super easy to make."
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2013
"We really enjoyed this flatbread. It made a very nice side to fried chicken and veggies!"