Finnish Flatbread Recipe
My husband and I have eaten this simple-to-make bread for years. It's so nice to have homemade bread with spaghetti, and it's even nicer when you don't have to fuss. Anne Heinonen, Howell, Michigan
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead for 3-5 minutes. Pat onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Finnish Flat Bread in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p31
Reviews for Finnish Flatbread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review