- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out onto a well-floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Brush lightly with egg. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar if desired. Using a fluted pastry cutter or knife, cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Finnish Christmas Cookies
"If you look at the recipe it says 36 servings which would mean 2 cookies each."
"@tonyalao Both are right. It makes 6 dozen cookies or 36 servings of 2 cookies each. If you look at the nutrition facts a serving is 2 cookies. hth"
"These sound good but I'm confused about how many cookies it makes - it says 36 servings over the ingredients list, but at the end of the recipe it says 6 dozen (?). I'll guess I'll have to make them to find out!"
"I love these cookies as did my hubby and son. I will have to make more for Christmas."
"Hauskaa Joulua ja Onnellista Uuta Vuotta from Minnesota! These cookies are ihana!Merja"
"Hauskaa Joulua from Idaho"
"These sound very good...Hauskaa Joulua ja onnellista Uatta Vuotta~2008"