Finnish Christmas Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- Colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out onto a well-floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Brush lightly with egg. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar if desired. Using a fluted pastry cutter or knife, cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Finnish Christmas Cookies(9)
Sort By :
If you look at the recipe it says 36 servings which would mean 2 cookies each.
@tonyalao Both are right. It makes 6 dozen cookies or 36 servings of 2 cookies each. If you look at the nutrition facts a serving is 2 cookies. hth
These sound good but I'm confused about how many cookies it makes - it says 36 servings over the ingredients list, but at the end of the recipe it says 6 dozen (?). I'll guess I'll have to make them to find out!
I love these cookies as did my hubby and son. I will have to make more for Christmas.
Hauskaa Joulua ja Onnellista Uuta Vuotta from Minnesota! These cookies are ihana!