Finnish Butter Cookies
These crispy Finnish cookies have a delicate texture and wonderful almond flavor! —Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in extract. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups flour. Knead in remaining
- flour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness.
- Cut with a 1-1/2 to 2-in. cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking
- sheets. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over cutouts. Sprinkle
- with sugar and almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool
- on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.