Finnish Butter Cookies Recipe
These crispy Finnish cookies have a delicate texture and wonderful almond flavor! —Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups flour. Knead in remaining flour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut with a 1-1/2 to 2-in. cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over cutouts. Sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC