- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups flour. Knead in remaining flour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Cut with a 1-1/2 to 2-in. cookie cutter; place on ungreased baking sheets. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over cutouts. Sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Finnish Butter Cookies
Sort By :
"not very good."
"I am not sure what went wrong but my dough was incredibly crumbly. Bummer because they smell so good."
"This recipe is delicious. I will be sure to make them for Christmas and probably before. I think they would be good with coffee and ice cream."