"I'm from Finland and have several native recipes that I've altered over time to appeal to American tastes," explains Sirpa Jarvis of The Plains, Ohio. "This refreshing dessert gives folks a taste of my homeland."
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups apple-raspberry juice cocktail
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine fruit and 2 tablespoons sugar. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Pour over fruit; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve in individual dessert dishes; top with frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Finnish Berry Dessert in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p60
Reviews for Finnish Berry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review