Finnish Berry Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups apple-raspberry juice cocktail
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- 1. In a large heat-proof bowl, combine fruit and 2 tablespoons sugar. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Pour over fruit; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve in individual dessert dishes; top with frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 78 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Finnish Berry Dessert
"I served this dessert 4 times and it was a hit each time.I only used 2 tablespoons of sugar, served it over chunks of angel food cake and topped it off with Mixed Berry Gelato."
"Wonderful, dessert!! Will definitely be making this again."
"Finnish Berry dessert:We made this with splenda instead of sugar to reduce calories even more. It was wonderful!"
"I am half Finnish and have always taken an interest in the Finnish culture and food. I too would be delighted if you could share more Finnish recipes."
"This person did not post this recipe today. It is put on the board by the administration and so they will not get your message. I'm sorry. My son and his family live in Helsinki. He cooks American more than Finnish. They do love the fish there. "
"My husband is Finnish and I always want to try to give him a taste of what his heritage is. Do you have any other recipes to share? I would love to try some! Thank you."