Finnish Berry Dessert
"I'm from Finland and have several native recipes that I've altered over time to appeal to American tastes," explains Sirpa Jarvis of The Plains, Ohio. "This refreshing dessert gives folks a taste of my homeland."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups apple-raspberry juice cocktail
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine fruit and 2 tablespoons sugar. In
- a saucepan, combine cornstarch and juice until smooth. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Pour over fruit; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve in individual dessert dishes; top with frozen yogurt if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup fruit, calculated without frozen yogurt) equals 78 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.