- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups apple-raspberry juice cocktail
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, optional
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine fruit and 2 tablespoons sugar. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Pour over fruit; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve in individual dessert dishes; top with frozen yogurt if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Finnish Berry Dessert
Sort By :
Wonderful, dessert!! Will definitely be making this again.
Finnish Berry Dessert:
We made this with splenda instead of sugar to reduce calories even more. It was wonderful!
I am half Finnish and have always taken an interest in the Finnish culture and food. I too would be delighted if you could share more Finnish recipes.
My husband is Finnish and I always want to try to give him a taste of what his heritage is. Do you have any other recipes to share? I would love to try some! Thank you.