Finger-Lickin'-Good Shrimp Recipe
My husband and I were vacationing in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico when we happened upon a terrific restaurant that served shrimp wrapped in bacon. Though I've changed them slightly, these delicious appetizers are enjoyed by everyone who tries them. —Sandi Solari, Manteca, California
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 ounce pepper Jack or cheddar cheese, julienned
- 1. Cut a small slit on the back of each shrimp, not cutting all the way through. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing and orange juice; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place a piece of cheese in the slit of each shrimp. Wrap bacon around shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks.
- 4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat with a drip pan.
- 5. Place shrimp over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
2 shrimp equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC