Finger-Lickin'-Good Shrimp Recipe
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6 bacon strips, cut in half
- 1 ounce pepper Jack or cheddar cheese, julienned
- 1. Cut a small slit on the back of each shrimp, not cutting all the way through. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing and orange juice; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place a piece of cheese in the slit of each shrimp. Wrap bacon around shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks.
- 4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat with a drip pan.
- 5. Place shrimp over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 6 servings.
2 shrimp equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Finger-Lickin'-Good Shrimp
"This was so delicious! Absolutely amazing. I used maple bacon so it was sweet and had a kick from the pepper jack cheese. The combination was great!"
"I have to agree with most of what the last person wrote. The marinade really gave no flavor at all and the chesse melted out on the grill. However, I love shrimp and I love bacon so this definitely tasted good to me. I may try it again and marinate longer."
"This didn't taste like anything but shrimp and bacon. The marinade did nothing to the shrimp. Also...we grilled it on the outdoor grill and nearly all of the cheese melted out so that flavor was lost too. I was disappointed as this recipe sounded so good, but there was no tang or zip from the marinade at all. :("
"A very easy and great hors' devour for any party or snacking tray."