- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes
- or until thickened. Stir in cheese and salt. Keep warm.
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high
- heat. Whisk eggs and water until blended. Add 2/3 cup egg mixture to
- skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon 1/2 cup
- mushroom mixture on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide
- omelet onto a plate; top with 1/4 cup sauce. Sprinkle with
- additional herbs if desired. Repeat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 omelet with 1/4 cup sauce equals 388 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 474 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.