When my daughter was in college, she kept a batch of these fudgy brownies around when studying for final exams. With a blend of chocolate chips, marshmallows and nuts, they always earn high marks!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture until smooth. Add flour and mix well. Fold in marshmallows, nuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Final Exam Brownies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p83
Reviews for Final Exam Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review