There’s a surprise inside these moist muffins with a crunchy topping. —Caroline Wamelink, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the coffee, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Drop 1 teaspoon preserves into center of each muffin; cover with remaining batter. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Cake Muffins in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p50
Reviews for Filled Coffee Cake Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review