- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the coffee, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Drop 1 teaspoon preserves into center of each muffin; cover with remaining batter. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Filled Coffee Cake Muffins
Sort By :
"Hi Sweetcook - there are three things that will cause a dry muffin.Over-mixing - you want to mix just until blended.Over-baking - you want a few crumbs on your toothpick.Too much flour - make sure you fluff up your flour before you measure it."
"hi, can someone tell me why mine didn't turn as moist as others say?"
"This is excellent. The recipe comes together quickly. Muffins are moist and laced with perfect coffee flavor. I love the topping too. You can read my full review at: http://bit.ly/QbQ0va"
"These were a huge hit at the office meeting!!! The aroma these muffins make in the house while baking is awesome!"
"Made these delicious and moist muffins with apricot preserves. I cut the dry batter ingredients with pastry cutter first, then added the wet ingredients. Used a very strong coffee brew. Use the pastry cutter again for the topping and use ALL of it on the muffins. Came out just like those muffins in coffee shops."