Filled Chocolate Spritz Recipe
I like how the creamy mint filling peeks through between the layers of these sandwich cookies. A chocolate drizzle on top is a flavorful finishing touch.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- PEPPERMINT FILLING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients; stir until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with the remaining cookies.
- 4. In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC