- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- PEPPERMINT FILLING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients; stir until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with the remaining cookies.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Filled Chocolate Spritz
Sort By :
"I have joined the taste of home just so I could enjoy having the benefits and to review this recipe. I have never written a review before; but these cookies are so good, I had to send in a review. The cookie is moist and is perfect with the mint filling. I was afraid there was not enough icing, but it was the perfect ratio. I wanted to test them before St Patrick's Day. I thought I would freeze them, but they were gone in short order. These are a keeper."
"These inflated a lot and the shape got distorted. Need to hardly press any dough out of the cookie press to assure this doesn't happen. Tasted good and were festive looking."
"the frosting is very buttery and the cookies are dry-ish."
"I love spritz cookies, I have made these, but I have used can frosting and even used melted chocolate, I do alot of baking, so this is alot easier and quicker, will make again. cupcake"