Filets with Plum Sauce
If you don't have plums on hand, substitute nectarines.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium plums, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in butter until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Season
- with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook plums and onions for 2-3 minutes or until
- plums are tender. Add marmalade and vinegar; cook and stir until
- heated through. Serve over steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.