- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Filets with Mushroom Sauce in Country Woman September/October 1998, p36
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Filets with Mushroom Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2012
The only thing I changed was no pepper & added garlic.
Added this to my monthly rotation.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >