- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, basil, bouillon and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Filets with Mushroom Sauce
Sort By :
The only thing I changed was no pepper & added garlic.
Added this to my monthly rotation.