- to 1/2 cup. Pour wine into mushroom bowl and set aside.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel. Season steaks on both sides with
- Melt remaining margarine in same skillet over medium. Add steaks and
- cook 3 minutes per side.
- Lower heat to medium low and continue cooking 1-1/2 minutes per side
- or until preferred degree of doneness.
- Remove from heat onto serving platter and let rest in warm place.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and cornstarch, set aside.
- In same skillet, pour in 1/2 cup water and remaining consomme. Scrape
- bottom of skillet to loosen bits of meat.
- Bring to boil for 1 minute. Add mushroom mixture, cornstarch mixture,
- and thyme. Return to boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring
- Serve sauce on side or top of steak. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 342 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 695 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 meat, 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.