Filet Mignon with Garlic Cheese Butter Recipe
Cooking is something I've enjoyed since I was a girl. I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes to make. My dream is to start up a catering service.
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with thyme. Wrap the bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Squeeze softened garlic into a food processor. Add butter; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Rub both sides of steaks with pepper. Wrap a bacon strip around each steak; secure with a toothpick. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer reads 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting with butter mixture. Serve with any remaining butter mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Filet Mignon with Garlic Cheese Butter
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC