Filet Mignon in Puff Pastry Recipe
I just love to have a nice, quiet, romantic Valentine's Day dinner at home with my wonderful husband. This is what I make us every year. It's gorgeous, very easy and is so much nicer than eating out.—Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Place steaks on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper; top with butter. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Cool slightly; refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. x 9-1/2-in. rectangle. Cut out two 7-in. squares, reserving scraps.
- 3. Rub steaks with garlic and top with cheese; place steaks cheese side down in the center of each pastry square. Lightly brush pastry edges with egg. Bring opposite corners of pastry over steaks; pinch seams to seal tightly. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Cut small slits in top of pastry; brush with egg.
- 4. Using lightly floured small cookie cutters, cut out shapes from reserved pastry. Arrange over wrapped steaks; brush shapes with egg.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 6. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pastry-wrapped steak with 1 tablespoon sauce: 1135 calories, 70g fat (24g saturated fat), 230mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 9g fiber), 54g protein .
Reviews for Filet Mignon in Puff Pastry
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC