Hazelnuts, or filberts, are by far the most important nut crop grown commercially in the Pacific Northwest.—Hollis Mattson, Puyallup, Washington
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy;. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and cardamom; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in chopped nuts. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Filbertines
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2008
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC