- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large apples
- 1 cup dried figs, halved
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spread butter over bottom of a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Peel, quarter and core apples; arrange in a circular pattern over sugar, rounded side down. Place figs around apples. Place skillet over medium heat; cook 10-12 minutes or until sugar is caramelized and apples have softened slightly. Remove from heat; top with cheese.
- Unroll pastry sheet; place over apples, tucking under edges. Place skillet in oven on an upper rack; bake 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Carefully invert onto a serving plate; serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Figgy Apple Brie Tart in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Figgy Apple Brie Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review